Tuesday, August 17, 2010

First Day, or I should say 1/2 day-o-school

Well today was the first half day at my work. I should explain that when I was hired I came in the first of January. So the kids last year were already in a routine and knew exactly what to do. I missed the "first day of school" and all the beginning stuff from last year.

I wasn't quite sure what to expect.

But, today I was hoping for the best!

11 Pre-K kids in my class. That means they are all 4 to 5 year olds who have NEVER been to school. EVER.

That definitely makes for a good day and there are always good stories.

Here's the first.

One little boy walks in with is Mommy and you could tell it could be a little rough. To my surprise he did just fine going to his desk and saying bye to Mommy.

Until it came time to go to the potty.

Every morning each child has to go to the potty just avoid any accidents. So he goes to the potty room and stands there. I ask if he needs any help; she shakes his head no. I ask if wants Mrs. L to help and he shakes his hand no again. Then he screams, "I want my Mommy!!!" Ohh dear! Mrs. L carefully explained to him that Mommy wasn't here and he could have our help or he could do it by himself.

That didn't work. Not one little bit.

So we had to send him to his desk. By mid-morning, the kids had drank a kool-aid drink and some water.By then, I'm sure that he was definitely needing to go, but he still refused.

I was definitely expecting him to go potty in his pants.

Luckily, that didn't happen.

I'm sure things didn't go well when Mommy picked him up.

Hopefully tomorrow he'll want to go in the big boy potty.

I really don't want to change potty in the pants just yet.

Happy Half Day-O-School Friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment