
So Jordy wanted to use the new waffle maker so bad, so I agreed that I would fix the bacon. Off we went!! Cooking away!!! Well like I have a tendency to do, I had to bust out the manual just to make sure he was doing this right and to make sure that there wasn't anything "first time use" rules; ya know. So as I peer over his shoulder, to my wonderful eyes the waffle maker was smoking. No joke. Jordy replies to my look with "I'm just waiting for the green light to come on and that means it's ready." I'm like ok whatever you say :)
I then continue on cooking my bacon to perfection and then I hear a "OH CRAP!" I turn around and the what was supposed to be an awesome waffle turned out to be burnt on the outside and gooey inside. Totally not what I was expecting. So I say, "this is just the first one on the machine so just try again." Well after the green light goes off again to my wonderful surprise, the same thing happens again except for this time the entire thing is completely burned to the point where we are scrapping it off the cooker. So instead of having Belgian waffles and bacon, we have cereal, bacon and a side of orange juice. Maybe next time I should give it a shot. My husband still thinks the waffle maker is messed up.

That is comedy!!!! We had a HORRIBLE first experience in the kitchen as well. I tried to put chicken in the oven and it was SO dry and burnt. I have never done that again! Then I had something on the stove to boil and it boiled all over the kitchen. Needless to say, we snapped a picture and then headed to McDonald's for dinner!
ReplyDelete