Saturday, January 9, 2010

Happy New Year!

Yes, I do realize that it's January 9th and I STILL haven't updated about Christmas or New Year. But I do apologize, I will try and do better at updating more frequently.

So onto Christmas Break. The week started of not well. My dad called and told me that MeMaw had passed away. Devastated at first, yes; but then God showed me how glorious she is living now and her funeral turned into a celebration filled with many many memories. Oh how I miss you MeMaw. It was a great time that my family and I got to spend with ALL of the Stowe's. It was so much fun to catch up with everyone, whom I love and miss so very much. God does "work out all things for good for those who love Him and are called according to His purpose." (Romans 8:28) He is so mighty in comfort and joy!

But nevertheless, we celebrated the Birth of Jesus with all of our family and what a joy it was! We started off the week celebrating with Jordy's family. I went to my sister-in-laws house to join in on the annual Christmas cooking extravaganza. We made lots of cookies and Christmas treats! It was so much fun!
Here is Jesse Brian and I decorating and eating every gingerbread man we touched :)


Checking on the cookies!


This is just a little bit of what we cooked.


Jordy and I spending time with ol' Daisy girl...we miss her!


Some of the gals.


The McKaskle Crew!


We then packed up our bags and headed to Oklahoma to see my family! When we got there it was SO cold! And Christmas morning we had a white Christmas. I haven't seen Jordy so excited. He's never had a white Christmas before and I'm so glad that I got to share this with him. We even went sledding and it was SO much fun!


God has truly blessed Jordy and I with a wonderful family and we are forever grateful!

1 comment: