Since I've known Jordy he has loved airplanes. He loves his Wii game that has to do with flying some kind of plane and whatever. But he has recently mentioned how cool it would be to have his pilot's license. But on Wednesday night Jordy and I were talking to this man who has been flying a plane since he was 15 years old. He now owns his owns business as an airplane mechanic. He had mentioned to Jordy before how we should come out for a ride and Jordy could have a "flight lesson". Well I then decided that I would surprise Jordy with a trip out to his place for a lesson. I left school early, got Jordy up from his nap and we set off the unknown destination; as far as Jordy was concerned. About 15 minutes into the 30 minute drive, Jordy will not stop asking me where we were going. So I finally let in to my little secret and I thought he was going to bust out of the car because he was so excited!!! He could NOT believe that we were actually about to do this!
Here we are when we first arrived!

This is Mr. Charlie. He is a wonderful man, Sunday school teacher and now Jordy's flight lesson teacher :)

Here are some shots from up in the air:
Poverty Point (a cool historical site here in La)

We flew all the way to Mississippi and back!! Here is the Mississippi River.

Here is a shot when we first lifted off.

Jordy is actually flying the plane ALL BY HIMSELF!!! He did such a great job!

Charlie's wife, Mary Ellen and I in the backseat just enjoying the ride and the beautiful view.

I was super excited! This really turned out to be so much fun!

This is the cute little airplane we were in.


Jordy was very surprised and he loved every single minute of it.
We can't wait for lesson #2!!
What a good wifey you are!! Seriously.
ReplyDeleteOklahoma shirt included.